One facet of my job at Someecards is writing branded sponsor cards. It’s how the site makes money.
To be completely candid (and obvious), it’s not my favorite part of the job, because it feels a lot less like being a comedy writer and a lot more like being an advertising copywriter, which is exactly the kind of job I left to be a comedy writer in the first place. Basically, it feels like a step backwards. Needless to say, I don’t usually post any sponsor cards I write on Tumblr.
THAT SAID, I’m a huge fan of both of these shows, and it was actually a very enjoyable experience to work with ABC on this campaign.
What I’m saying is, watch Happy Endings and Don’t Trust the Bitch in Apt. 23. They’re great and I love them, regardless of whether they gave me money (they did).
- allanw3707 likes this
- alison9803 likes this
- mikescollins said: Dude i left ad copywriting for comedy writing, as well!
- jheath said: Did that v-neck one hit a little close to home?
- hipposgorawr likes this
- jafafahots said: no thank you
- morefunthanbeingsad likes this
- thenewhotness likes this
- irishmexi said: You wrote that last one to yourself, didn’t you?
- irishmexi likes this
- angela8912 likes this
- mightequinn likes this
- alexjmann likes this
- danieleastman likes this
- sarahchristine likes this
- welcometothisblogbitch posted this